Board of Directors Info
“Glenn’s strategic thinking skills and business experience have helped us progress very rapidly. His role on the board has been indispensable.”
“As a CEO, I built a board to provide me with guidance and governance on strategy, risk and growth. Glenn was a thoughtful contributor to the board discussions and I appreciated his counsel.”
“Thank goodness for Glenn — he’s so worth it!”
Board of Directors Experience
Glenn Gow is “the AI guy.” He is a former CEO and has been a board member of four companies. He is currently a board member and CEO coach.
His specialty is working as a board member to help guide companies through technology disruptions, especially AI. He has advised numerous leading tech companies including Apple, Google, Facebook, Microsoft and many more, on strategy.
He recently served as a Marketing Partner at Clear Ventures – a VC firm whose partners have produced 34 exits yielding $52 billion from 8 IPOs and 24 acquisitions. In this role he worked on strategic issues for Clear’s portfolio companies and was responsible for helping CEOs accelerate growth.
Glenn brings extensive technology domain expertise at the board level, helping companies take advantage of the digital transformations happening in their industries, with a special focus on AI.
Glenn is a respected thought leader on a variety of technology marketing and AI. He writes a column on AI in Forbes. His other articles have been published in Fortune, CIO Magazine, Inc., and InfoWorld. He is a sought-after speaker on AI and has spoken at the National Association of Corporate Directors, Financial Executives Networking Group, MIT/Stanford Venture Lab, Harvard Business School, Northern California Venture Capital Association.
Glenn’s board experience includes:
- Member Board of Directors, Soteria Intelligence. Glenn contributes to corporate strategy, risk, and governance. Soteria is an AI-based company delivering the next generation of social media and digital customer experience solutions.
- Chairman of the Board and CEO, Crimson Consulting Group. Glenn ran this highly successful strategy consulting firm, while serving as Chairman of the Board. The company helped Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM, Intel, Oracle, SAP, Seagate, VMware and many start-ups become even more successful through strategic and technical marketing consultation. The company was sold.
- Member Board of Directors, acuteIQ. Glenn advised the CEO on strategy, corporate structure, product roadmap, market adoption, and positioning. acuteIQ is a customer acquisition platform that uses artificial intelligence and first-party data to deliver a 4X improvement in performance. The company was acquired.
- Member Board of Directors, Ventra Systems. Glenn contributed to strategy, governance and compensation issues. Ventra is a revolutionary water processing system to remove toxins from groundwater. The company was acquired.
- Advisory Board Member, Checkd.in. Glenn advised the CEO on the transition from a professional services firm to a subscription-based revenue company. Checkd.in is a company collects consumer data from celebrity fans to enable pinpoint targeting, resulting in massive improvement in revenue across multiple venues and channels. The company was acquired.
Glenn holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BSBA in Quantitative Management from the University of Florida. Glenn advises Stanford Engineering and Computer Science students on digital transformation and business.
Glenn is an avid sportsman and adventurer including skiing, mountain biking, scuba diving, rock climbing, skydiving, kayaking, paddleboarding, kiteboarding, and surfing with friends and family.
Articles and short posts by Glenn
Elon Musk has famously said, "AI is far more dangerous than nukes." His statement has some truth to it, and it has succeeded in raising our awareness of the dangers of AI. As leaders, part of our job is to ensure that what our companies do is safe. We don't want to...
We can always benefit from some good thoughts. I’m sharing some with you, and hope you find them helpful. Here’s a summary of some books and articles I found particularly useful: (MY SPECIALTY) AI FOR BOARD MEMBERS: Three articles I have written for you: McKinsey:...
McKinsey: Winning Companies Are Increasing Their Investment In AI During Covid-19. What Do They Know That You Don’t?
As a board member, I've enjoyed learning from those companies that perform at the highest levels in the area of AI. When I think about how to guide my company’s strategy, I look at what the winners in various industries are doing to see what I can learn from them....
This is a summary of the Forbes article 'If Microsoft Can Be Hacked, What About Your Company? How AI is TransformingCybersecurity.' The recent attack on Microsoft by Russian hackers has highlighted the vulnerability of most companies. Cyber threats are common place...
AI is a game-changing technology for companies, but it can go terribly wrong. As AI-based systems become more critical to companies, we all need to understand the issue of bias in AI. The biases of AI can result in reputational risk, poor results and outright errors....
We can always benefit from some good thoughts. Here’s a summary of some books and articles I found particularly useful: FEAR: ESSENTIAL WISDOM FOR GETTING THROUGH THE STORM In this book, the famous Buddist Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, explores the origins of our fears,...
I'm not a very good poker player. (That's why my friends always invite me to play.) They like to play until the winner takes all of the winnings, which ultimately includes all my money. I'm OK with this because it's only a small game, and for me, it's worth the price...
Most people are familiar with deepfake videos where it appears that a person is doing and saying things they actually never did or said. As the AI technology behind deepfakes becomes better and better, so do the results of deepfake creations. Recent advances in this...
As a senior executive, you’re likely aware of the many strategic opportunities and threats posed by AI. According to IDC, spending on AI hardware and software is increasing at a CAGR of 24%. AI-driven projects will rapidly become a substantial percentage of any...
The current economic environment enables many large companies to succeed, while many small and medium businesses (SMBs) are suffering. Adding to this divide are the changes created by AI. Right now, larger companies are investing in AI because they recognize the...
Here are more details on Glenn’s board experience:
Former Chairman of the Board and CEO, Crimson Consulting Group
Member Board Of Directors, acuteIQ
As a board member, he advised the CEO on strategy, corporate structure, product roadmap, market adoption, and positioning. acuteIQ is a customer acquisition platform that uses artificial intelligence and first-party data to deliver a 4X improvement in performance. The company was acquired.
Advisory Board Member, Checkd.in
As an advisory board member, he advised the CEO on the transition from a professional services firm to a subscription-based revenue company. Checkd.in is a company collects consumer data from celebrity fans to enable pinpoint targeting, resulting in massive improvement in revenue across multiple venues and channels. Company was acquired.
Member Board Of Directors, Ventra Systems