Board of Directors Info
“As a CEO, I built a board to provide me with guidance and governance on strategy, risk and growth. Glenn was a thoughtful contributor to the board discussions and I appreciated his counsel. For example, his knowledge of marketing strategies helped inform our go-to-market strategy.”
Ian Foley, CEO, acuteIQ
Board of Directors Experience
Glenn Gow is “the AI guy.” He is a former CEO and has been a board member of four companies. He is currently a board member and CEO coach.
His specialty is working as a board member to help guide companies through technology disruptions, especially AI. He has advised numerous leading tech companies including Apple, Google, Facebook, Microsoft and many more, on strategy.
He recently served as an Operating Partner at Clear Ventures – a VC firm whose partners have produced 34 exits yielding $52 billion from 8 IPOs and 24 acquisitions. As a board observer for Clear Ventures portfolio companies, he was responsible for helping CEOs accelerate growth.
Glenn brings extensive technology domain expertise at the board level, helping companies take advantage of the digital transformations happening in their industries, with a special focus on AI.
Glenn is a respected thought leader on a variety of technology marketing and AI. He writes a column on AI in Forbes. His other articles have been published in Fortune, CIO Magazine, Inc., and InfoWorld. He is a sought-after speaker on AI and has spoken at the National Association of Corporate Directors, Financial Executives Networking Group, MIT/Stanford Venture Lab, Harvard Business School, Northern California Venture Capital Association.
Glenn’s board experience includes:
- Member Board of Directors, Soteria Intelligence. Glenn contributes to corporate strategy, risk, and governance. Soteria is an AI-based company delivering the next generation of social media and digital customer experience solutions.
- Chairman of the Board and CEO, Crimson Consulting Group. Glenn ran this highly successful strategy consulting firm, while serving as Chairman of the Board. The company helped Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM, Intel, Oracle, SAP, Seagate, VMware and many start-ups become even more successful through strategic and technical marketing consultation. The company was sold.
- Member Board of Directors, acuteIQ. Glenn advised the CEO on strategy, corporate structure, product roadmap, market adoption, and positioning. acuteIQ is a customer acquisition platform that uses artificial intelligence and first-party data to deliver a 4X improvement in performance. The company was acquired.
- Member Board of Directors, Ventra Systems. Glenn contributed to strategy, governance and compensation issues. Ventra is a revolutionary water processing system to remove toxins from groundwater. The company was acquired.
- Advisory Board Member, Checkd.in. Glenn advised the CEO on the transition from a professional services firm to a subscription-based revenue company. Checkd.in is a company collects consumer data from celebrity fans to enable pinpoint targeting, resulting in massive improvement in revenue across multiple venues and channels. The company was acquired.
Glenn holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BSBA in Quantitative Management from the University of Florida. Glenn advises Stanford Engineering and Computer Science students on digital transformation and business.
Glenn is an avid sportsman and adventurer including skiing, mountain biking, scuba diving, rock climbing, skydiving, kayaking, paddleboarding, kiteboarding, and surfing with friends and family.
Articles and short posts by Glenn
IBM just got out of the business of facial recognition software. Microsoft and Amazon have limited what they are doing with facial recognition with law enforcement agencies. Facebook paid a $550 Million settlement related to their facial recognition technology. What...
(A version of this article appeared in the NACD Directorship publication). As a board member, you’re likely aware of the many strategic opportunities and threats posed by AI. According to IDC, spending on AI hardware and software is increasing at a CAGR of 24%....
JOHN KRASINKI'S “SOME GOOD NEWS” I bow down to the king of “good”. If you haven’t checked out John Krasinski's Some Good News, it’s a fun and uplifting Youtube show you shouldn’t miss. John is one of the Characters from “The Office” and the hit show “Jack Ryan” on...
(This article appeared in Directors & Boards).Senior Executives and Boards are beginning to understand the importance of artificial intelligence (AI) in order for companies to stay competitive. For example, auto manufacturer Tesla uses AI to teach its cars to...
I am a big believer in the impact of AI and am an advocate for board members and senior executives to get educated and take action now. McKinsey conducted a global survey of more than 2,000 executives to understand the current state of AI in business and highlight...
Here are more details on Glenn’s board experience:
Former Chairman of the Board and CEO, Crimson Consulting Group
Member Board Of Directors, acuteIQ
As a board member, he advised the CEO on strategy, corporate structure, product roadmap, market adoption, and positioning. acuteIQ is a customer acquisition platform that uses artificial intelligence and first-party data to deliver a 4X improvement in performance. The company was acquired.
Advisory Board Member, Checkd.in
As an advisory board member, he advised the CEO on the transition from a professional services firm to a subscription-based revenue company. Checkd.in is a company collects consumer data from celebrity fans to enable pinpoint targeting, resulting in massive improvement in revenue across multiple venues and channels. Company was acquired.
Member Board Of Directors, Ventra Systems