FBI has recently issued a warning for deepfake content to be used in cyber and foreign attacks within the coming months. A deepfake is a video made by AI deep database that accurately imitates people’s movements and voice. Businesses are usually enemies first target. The FBI warning clarified that that businesses will be targeted by a new cyber vector ‘Business Identity Compromise (BIC).’
BIC involves using malware to gain access to a computer or mobile device without the owner’s consent. You are most susceptible to BIC if you;
- Are involved in online banking or other financial transactions
- Manage an online community
- Have a social media-based business
Following are some steps to protect your business:
- Improve awareness about the risks in senior management and employees
- Train employees to identify and report attempts of social engineering, spear-phishing, and other suspicious activity
- Always try to validate personal identity from multiple sources
- Have a confirmation process before divulging sensitive information
- Build a business continuity plan for when the company is targeted.
Please click here for the original article that appeared in Forbes.